HEALTH PLAN NOTICES OF PRIVACY PRACTICES NOTICE FOR MEDICAL INFORMATION
NOTICE FOR FINANCIAL INFORMATION
MEDICAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
Effective January 1, 2010
We1 are required by law to protect the privacy of your health information. We are also required to send you this notice, which explains how we may use information about you and when we can give out or "disclose" that information to others. You also have rights regarding your health information that are described in this notice. We are required by law to abide by the terms of this notice.
1This Medical Information Notice of Privacy Practices applies to the following health plans that are affiliated with UnitedHealth Group: ACN Group of California, Inc.; All Savers Insurance Company; All Savers Insurance Company of California; American Medical Security Life Insurance Company; AmeriChoice of Connecticut, Inc.; AmeriChoice of Georgia, Inc.; AmeriChoice of New Jersey, Inc.; AmeriChoice of Pennsylvania, Inc.; Arizona Physicians IPA, Inc.; Arnett HMO, Inc.; Dental Benefit Providers of California, Inc.; Dental Benefit Providers of Illinois, Inc.; Evercare of Arizona, Inc.; Evercare of New Mexico, Inc.; Evercare of Texas, LLC; Golden Rule Insurance Company; Great Lakes Health Plan, Inc.; Health Plan of Nevada, Inc.; IBA Health and Life Assurance Company; MAMSI Life and Health Insurance Company; MD - Individual Practice Assocation, Inc.; Midwest Security Life Insurance Company; National Pacific Dental, Inc.; Neighborhood Health Partnership, Inc.; Nevada Pacific Dental; Optimum Choice, Inc.; Oxford Health Insurance, Inc.; Oxford Health Plans (CT), Inc.; Oxford Health Plans (NJ), Inc.; Oxford Health Plans (NY), Inc.; Pacific Union Dental, Inc.; PacifiCare Behavioral Health of California, Inc.; PacifiCare Behavioral Health, Inc.; PacifiCare Dental; PacifiCare Dental of Colorado, Inc.; PacifiCare Insurance Company; PacifiCare Life and Health Insurance Company; PacifiCare Life Assurance Company; PacifiCare of Arizona, Inc.; PacifiCare of California; PacifiCare of Colorado, Inc.; PacifiCare of Nevada, Inc.; PacifiCare of Oklahoma, Inc.; PacifiCare of Oregon, Inc.; PacifiCare of Texas, Inc.; PacifiCare of Washington, Inc.; Sierra Health & Life Insurance Co., Inc.; Spectera, Inc.; U.S. Behavioral Health Plan, California; Unimerica Insurance Company; Unimerica Life Insurance Company of New York; Unison Family Health Plan of Pennsylvania, Inc.; Unison Health Plan of Delaware, Inc.; Unison Health Plan of Ohio, Inc.; Unison Health Plan of Pennsylvania, Inc.; Unison Health Plan of South Carolina, Inc.; Unison Health Plan of Tennessee, Inc.; Unison Health Plan of the Capital Area, Inc.; United Behavioral Health; UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company; UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company of Illinois; UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company of New York; UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company of the River Valley; UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company of Ohio; UnitedHealthcare of Alabama, Inc.; UnitedHealthcare of Arizona, Inc.; UnitedHealthcare of Arkansas, Inc.; UnitedHealthcare of Colorado, Inc.; UnitedHealthcare of Florida, Inc.; United HealthCare of Georgia, Inc.; UnitedHealthcare of Illinois, Inc.; UnitedHealthcare of Kentucky, Ltd.; United HealthCare of Louisiana, Inc.; UnitedHealthcare of Mid-Atlantic, Inc.; UnitedHealthcare of the Midlands, Inc.; UnitedHealthcare of the Midwest, Inc.; United HealthCare of Mississippi, Inc.; UnitedHealthcare of New England, Inc.; UnitedHealthcare of New York, Inc.; UnitedHealthcare of North Carolina, Inc.; UnitedHealthcare of Ohio, Inc.; UnitedHealthcare of Tennessee, Inc.; UnitedHealthcare of Texas, Inc.; United HealthCare of Utah; UnitedHealthcare of Wisconsin, Inc.; UnitedHealthcare Plan of the River Valley, Inc.
The terms “information” or “health information” in this notice include any information we maintain that reasonably can be used to identify you and that relates to your physical or mental health condition, the provision of health care to you, or the payment for such health care.
We have the right to change our privacy practices and the terms of this notice. If we make a material change to our privacy practices, we will provide a revised notice by direct mail to you reflecting that change within 60 days of the change and we will otherwise post the revised notice on our website www.myuhc.com. We reserve the right to make any revised or changed notice effective for information we already have and for information that we receive in the future.
How We Use or Disclose Information
We must use and disclose your health information to provide that information:
- To you or someone who has the legal right to act for you (your personal representative) in order to administer your rights as described in this notice; and
- To the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services, if necessary, to make sure your privacy is protected.
We have the right to use and disclose health information for your treatment, to pay for your health care and to operate our business. For example, we may use or disclose your health information:
- For Payment of premiums due us, to determine your coverage, and to process claims for health care services you receive, including for subrogation or coordination of other benefits you may have. For example, we may tell a doctor whether you are eligible for coverage and what percentage of the bill may be covered.
- For Treatment. We may use or disclose health information to aid in your treatment or the coordination of your care. For example, we may disclose information to your physicians or hospitals to help them provide medical care to you.
- For Health Care Operations. We may use or disclose health information as necessary to operate and manage our business activities related to providing and managing your health care coverage. For example, we might talk to your physician to suggest a disease management or wellness program that could help improve your health or we may analyze data to determine how we can improve our services.
- To Provide You Information on Health Related Programs or Products such as alternative medical treatments and programs or about health-related products and services, subject to limits imposed by law as of February 17, 2010.
- For Plan Sponsors. If your coverage is through an employer sponsored group health plan, we may share summary health information and enrollment and disenrollment information with the plan sponsor. In addition, we may share other health information with the plan sponsor for plan administration if the plan sponsor agrees to special restrictions on its use and disclosure of the information in accordance with federal law.
- For Reminders. We may use or disclose health information to send you reminders about your benefits or care, such as appointment reminders with providers who provide medical care to you.
We may use or disclose your health information for the following purposes under limited circumstances:
- As Required by Law. We may disclose information when required to do so by law.
- To Persons Involved With Your Care. We may use or disclose your health information to a person involved in your care or who helps pay for your care, such as a family member, when you are incapacitated or in an emergency, or when you agree or fail to object when given the opportunity. If you are unavailable or unable to object, we will use our best judgment to decide if the disclosure is in your best interests.
- For Public Health Activities such as reporting or preventing disease outbreaks.
- For Reporting Victims of Abuse, Neglect or Domestic Violence to government authorities that are authorized by law to receive such information, including a social service or protective service agency.
- For Health Oversight Activities to a health oversight agency for activities authorized by law, such as licensure, governmental audits and fraud and abuse investigations.
- For Judicial or Administrative Proceedings such as in response to a court order, search warrant or subpoena.
- For Law Enforcement Purposes. We may disclose your health information to a law enforcement official for purposes such as providing limited information to locate a missing person or report a crime.
- To Avoid a Serious Threat to Health or Safety to you, another person, or the public, by, for example, disclosing information to public health agencies or law enforcement authorities, or in the event of an emergency or natural disaster.
- For Specialized Government Functions such as military and veteran activities, national security and intelligence activities, and the protective services for the President and others.
- For Workers' Compensation as authorized by, or to the extent necessary to comply with, state workers compensation laws that govern job-related injuries or illness.
- For Research Purposes such as research related to the evaluation of certain treatments or the prevention of disease or disability, if the research study meets privacy law requirements.
- To Provide Information Regarding Decedents. We may disclose information to a coroner or medical examiner to identify a deceased person, determine a cause of death, or as authorized by law. We may also disclose information to funeral directors as necessary to carry out their duties.
- For Organ Procurement Purposes. We may use or disclose information to entities that handle procurement, banking or transplantation of organs, eyes or tissue to facilitate donation and transplantation.
- To Correctional Institutions or Law Enforcement Officials if you are an inmate of a correctional institution or under the custody of a law enforcement official, but only if necessary (1) for the institution to provide you with health care; (2) to protect your health and safety or the health and safety of others; or (3) for the safety and security of the correctional institution.
- To Business Associates that perform functions on our behalf or provide us with services if the information is necessary for such functions or services. Our business associates are required, under contract with us, to protect the privacy of your information and are not allowed to use or disclose any information other than as specified in our contract. As of February 17, 2010, our business associates also will be directly subject to federal privacy laws.
- For Data Breach Notification Purposes. We may use your contact information to provide legally-required notices of unauthorized acquisition, access, or disclosure of your health information. We may send notice directly to you or provide notice to the sponsor of your plan through which you receive coverage.
Additional Restrictions on Use and Disclosure. Certain federal and state laws may require special privacy protections that restrict the use and disclosure of certain health information, including highly confidential information about you. “Highly confidential information” may include confidential information under Federal laws governing alcohol and drug abuse information and genetic information as well as state laws that often protect the following types of information:
- Mental health;
- Genetic tests;
- Alcohol and drug abuse;
- Sexually transmitted diseases and reproductive health information; and
- Child or adult abuse or neglect, including sexual assault.
If a use or disclosure of health information described above in this notice is prohibited or materially limited by other laws that apply to us, it is our intent to meet the requirements of the more stringent law. Attached to this notice is a Summary of Federal and State Laws on Use and Disclosure of Certain Types of Medical Information.
Except for uses and disclosures described and limited as set forth in this notice, we will use and disclose your health information only with a written authorization from you. Once you give us authorization to release your health information, we cannot guarantee that the person to whom the information is provided will not disclose the information. You may take back or “revoke” your written authorization at anytime in writing, except if we have already acted based on your authorization. To find out where to mail your written authorization and how to revoke an authorization, contact the phone number listed on the back of your ID card.
What Are Your Rights
The following are your rights with respect to your health information:
- You have the right to ask to restrict uses or disclosures of your information for treatment, payment, or health care operations. You also have the right to ask to restrict disclosures to family members or to others who are involved in your health care or payment for your health care. We may also have policies on dependent access that authorize your dependents to request certain restrictions. Please note that while we will try to honor your request and will permit requests consistent with our policies, we are not required to agree to any restriction.
- You have the right to request that a provider not send health information to us in certain circumstances if the health information concerns a health care item or service for which you have paid the provider out of pocket in full.
- You have the right to ask to receive confidential communications of information in a different manner or at a different place (for example, by sending information to a P.O. Box instead of your home address). We will accommodate reasonable requests where a disclosure of all or part of your health information otherwise could endanger you. We will accept verbal requests to receive confidential communications, but requests to modify or cancel a previous confidential communication request must be made in writing. Mail your request to the address listed below.
- You have the right to see and obtain a copy of health information that may be used to make decisions about you such as claims and case or medical management records. You also may in some cases receive a summary of this health information. You must make a written request to inspect and copy your health information. Mail your request to the address listed below. In certain limited circumstances, we may deny your request to inspect and copy your health information. We may charge a reasonable fee for any copies. If we deny your request, you have the right to have the denial reviewed. As of February 17, 2010, if we maintain an electronic health record containing your health information, you have the right to request that we send a copy of your health information in an electronic format to you or to a third party that you identify. We may charge a reasonable fee for sending the electronic copy of your health information.
- You have the right to ask to amend information we maintain about you if you believe the health information about you is wrong or incomplete. Your request must be in writing and provide the reasons for the requested amendment. Mail your request to the address listed below. If we deny your request, you may have a statement of your disagreement added to your health information.
- You have the right to receive an accounting of certain disclosures of your information made by us during the six years prior to your request. This accounting will not include disclosures of information made: (i) prior to April 14, 2003; (ii) for treatment, payment, and health care operations purposes; (iii) to you or pursuant to your authorization; and (iv) to correctional institutions or law enforcement officials; and (v) other disclosures for which federal law does not require us to provide an accounting.
- You have the right to a paper copy of this notice. You may ask for a copy of this notice at any time. Even if you have agreed to receive this notice electronically, you are still entitled to a paper copy of this notice. You also may also obtain a copy of this notice at our website, www.myuhc.com.
Exercising Your Rights
- Contacting your Health Plan. If you have any questions about this notice or want to exercise any of your rights, please call the phone number on the back of your ID card or you may contact the UnitedHealth Group Customer Call Center at 866-633-2446.
Submitting a Written Request. Mail to us your written requests for modifying or cancelling a confidential communication, for copies of your records, or for amendments to your record, at the following address:
PSMG Privacy Office
P.O. Box 1459
Minneapolis, MN 55440
- Filing a Complaint. If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with us at the address listed above.
You may also notify the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services of your complaint. We will not take any action against you for filing a complaint.
FINANCIAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW FINANCIAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
Effective January 1, 2010
We2 are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of your personal financial information. For the purposes of this notice, “personal financial information” means information, other than health information, about an enrollee or an applicant for health care coverage that identifies the individual, is not generally publicly available and is collected from the individual or is obtained in connection with providing health care coverage to the individual.
Information We Collect
We collect personal financial information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as name, address, age and social security number; and
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others, such as premium payment history.
Disclosure of Information
We do not disclose personal financial information about our enrollees or former enrollees to any third party, except as required or permitted by law.
In the course of our general business practices, we may disclose personal financial information about you or others without your permission to our corporate affiliates to provide them with information about your transactions, such as your premium payment history.
2For purposes of this Financial Information Privacy Notice, “we” or “us” refers to the entities listed in footnote 1, beginning on the first page of the Health Plan Notices of Privacy Practices, plus the following UnitedHealthcare affiliates: ACN Group IPA of New York, Inc.; ACN Group, Inc.; Administration Resources Corporation; AmeriChoice Health Services, Inc.; Behavioral Health Administrators; Behavioral Healthcare Options, Inc.; DBP Services of New York IPA, Inc.; DCG Resource Options, LLC; Dental Benefit Providers, Inc.; Disability Consulting Group, LLC; HealthAllies, Inc.; Innoviant, Inc.; MAMSI Insurance Resources, LLC; Managed Physical Network, Inc.; Mid Atlantic Medical Services, LLC; Midwest Security Care, Inc.; National Benefit Resources, Inc.; OneNet PPO, LLC; OptumHealth Bank, Inc.; Oxford Benefit Management, Inc.; Oxford Health Plans LLC; PacifiCare Health Plan Administrators, Inc.; PacificDental Benefits, Inc.; ProcessWorks, Inc.; RxSolutions, Inc.; Sierra Health-Care Options, Inc.; Sierra Nevada Administrators, Inc.; Spectera of New York, IPA, Inc.; UMR, Inc.; Unison Administrative Services, LLC; United Behavioral Health of New York I.P.A., Inc.; United HealthCare Services, Inc.; UnitedHealth Advisors, LLC; United Healthcare Service LLC; UnitedHealthcare Services Company of the River Valley, Inc.; UnitedHealthOne Agency, Inc.
Confidentiality and Security
We restrict access to personal financial information about you to our employees and service providers who are involved in administering your health care coverage and providing services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with federal standards to guard your personal financial information. We conduct regular audits to guarantee appropriate and secure handling and processing of our enrollees' information.
Your Right to Access and Correct Personal Information
If you reside in certain States3, you may have a right to request access to the personal financial information that we record about you. Your right includes the right to know the source of the information and the identity of the persons, institutions, or types of institutions to whom we have disclosed such information within 2 years prior to your request. Your right includes the right to view such information and copy it in person, or request that a copy of it be sent to you by mail (for which we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our costs). Your right also includes the right to request corrections, amendments or deletions of any information in our possession. The procedures that you must follow to request access to or an amendment of your information are as follows:
To obtain access to your information: Submit a request in writing that includes your name, address, social security number, telephone number, and the recorded information to which you would like access. State in the request whether you would like access in person or a copy of the information sent to you by mail. Upon receipt of your request, we will contact you within 30 business days to arrange providing you with access in person or the copies that you have requested.
To correct, amend, or delete any of your information: Submit a request in writing that includes your name, address, social security number, telephone number, the specific information in dispute, and the identity of the document or record that contains the disputed information. Upon receipt of your request, we will contact you within 30 business days to notify you either that we have made the correction, amendment or deletion, or that we refuse to do so and the reasons for the refusal, which you will have an opportunity to challenge.
Send written requests to access, correct, amend or delete information to:
Customer Service – Privacy Unit
PO Box 740815
Atlanta, GA 30374-0815
3California and Massachusetts.
UNITEDHEALTH GROUP HEALTH PLAN NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES: FEDERAL AND STATE AMENDMENTS
Revised: January 1, 2010
The first part of this Notice, which provides our privacy practices for Medical Information (pages 1 - 5), describes how we may use and disclose your health information under federal privacy rules. There are other laws that may limit our rights to use and disclose your health information beyond what we are allowed to do under the federal privacy rules. The purpose of the charts below is to:
- show the categories of health information that are subject to these more restrictive laws; and
- give you a general summary of when we can use and disclose your health information without your consent.
If your written consent is required under the more restrictive laws, the consent must meet the particular rules of the applicable federal or state law.
Summary of Federal Laws
|Alcohol & Drug Abuse Information |
|We are allowed to use and disclose alcohol and drug abuse information that is protected by federal law only (1) in certain limited circumstances, and/or disclose only (2) to specific recipients. |
|Genetic Information |
|We are not allowed to use genetic information for underwriting purposes. |
Summary of State Laws
|General Health Information |
|We are allowed to disclose general health information only (1) under certain limited circumstances, and /or (2) to specific recipients. ||CA, NE, RI, VT, WA, WI |
|HMOs must give enrollees an opportunity to approve or refuse disclosures, subject to certain exceptions. ||KY |
|You may be able to restrict certain electronic disclosures of health information. ||NV |
|We are not allowed to use health information for certain purposes. ||CA, NH |
|We are allowed to disclose prescription-related information only (1) under certain limited circumstances, and /or (2) to specific recipients. ||ID, NV |
|Communicable Diseases |
|We are allowed to disclose communicable disease information only (1) under certain limited circumstances, and /or (2) to specific recipients. ||AZ, IN, MI, OK |
Summary of State Laws
|Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Reproductive Health |
|We are allowed to disclose sexually transmitted disease and/or reproductive health information only (1) under certain limited circumstances and/or (2) to specific recipients. ||MT, NJ, WA |
|Alcohol and Drug Abuse |
|We are allowed to use and disclose alcohol and drug abuse information (1) under certain limited circumstances, and/or disclose only (2) to specific recipients. ||CT, HI, KY, IL, IN, IA, LA, MD, MA, NH, WA, WI |
|Disclosures of alcohol and drug abuse information may be restricted by the individual who is the subject of the information. ||WA |
|Genetic Information |
|We are not allowed to disclose genetic information without your written consent. ||CA, CO, HI, IL, KY, NY, TN |
|We are allowed to disclose genetic information only (1) under certain limited circumstances and/or (2) to specific recipients. ||GA, MD, MA, MO, NV, NH, NM, RI, TX, UT, VT |
|Restrictions apply to (1) the use, and/or (2) the retention of genetic information. ||FL, GA, LA, MD, OH, SD, UT, VT |
|HIV / AIDS |
|We are allowed to disclose HIV/AIDS-related information only (1) under certain limited circumstances and/or (2) to specific recipients. ||AZ, AR, CA, CT, DE, FL, HI, IL, IN, MI, MT, NY, NC, PA, PR, RI, TX, VT, WV |
|Certain restrictions apply to oral disclosures of HIV/AIDS-related information. ||CT |
|Mental Health |
|We are allowed to disclose mental health information only (1) under certain limited circumstances and/or (2) to specific recipients. ||CA, CT, DC, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MI, PR, WA, WI |
|Disclosures may be restricted by the individual who is the subject of the information. ||WA |
|Certain restrictions apply to oral disclosures of mental health information. ||CT |
|Certain restrictions apply to the use of mental health information. ||ME |
|Child or Adult Abuse |
|We are allowed to use and disclose child and/or adult abuse information only (1) under certain limited circumstances, and/or disclose only (2) to specific recipients. ||AL, CO, IL, LA, NE, NJ, NM, RI, TN, TX, UT, WI |
100-4557 3/08 © 2008 United HealthCare Services, Inc.
Terms and Conditions
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING WEB SITE CONTENT
The Content on this Web site is for your general educational information only. The Content cannot replace the relationship that you have with your health care professionals. The Content on this Web site should not be considered medical advice. You should always talk to your health care professionals for diagnosis and treatment, including information regarding which drugs or treatment may be appropriate for you. None of the information on this Web site represents or warrants that any particular drug or treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for you.
Health information changes quickly. Therefore, it is always best to confirm information with your health care professionals.
This Web site is intended for a United States audience. If you live outside the U.S., you may see information on this Web site about products or therapies that are not available or authorized in your country.
The Content may include information regarding therapeutic and generic alternatives for certain prescription drugs, and may describe uses for products or therapies that have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. This Content is for informational, cost-comparison purposes only. It is not medical advice and does not replace consultation with a doctor, pharmacist, or other health care professional. Talk to your health care provider to determine if an alternative prescription drug is right for you.
Click here to read a required statement describing eligibility for and enrollment in a Medicare prescription drug plan.
This Is a Legal Agreement
If you enter into any other agreement with UnitedHealthcare regarding health plan coverage then these Terms are in addition to the terms of such other agreement. Neither entering into this agreement, visiting this Web site, nor any of these Terms, guarantees that you are eligible to receive prescription drug plan coverage from us. Eligibility issues are discussed above in the section titled Required Disclosure.
License to Use this Web site and Content Ownership
Subject to these Terms, UnitedHealthcare grants you a personal, non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable, limited license to view the content (“Content”) on the Web site for the sole purpose of collecting information regarding our Medicare prescription drug plan and related activities. You may also print a reasonable number of copies of the Content for your personal use, but in such case you must reproduce all proprietary copyright and trademark notices.
All rights, title, and interest in and to the Web site, including the Content, and all intellectual property rights, including all copyright, trademark, patent, and trade secret rights, therein shall remain with UnitedHealthcare and our licensors and vendors, and no ownership interest is transferred to you or any other entity by virtue of making the Content available on the Web site, granting the foregoing licenses, or entering into this Agreement.
Some Web sites operated by UnitedHealthcare include trademarks or logos belonging to AARP or other third-party licensors and are used pursuant to an agreement with such third parties.
We may terminate this license at any time for any reason. If you breach any of these Terms your license to the Content terminates immediately. Upon the termination of this license you must stop using this Web site, including all Content, and return or destroy all copies, including electronic copies, of the Content in your possession or control.
Restrictions on Use of this Web site
a. not to use this Web site or Content in any way not explicitly permitted by these Terms or the text of the Web site itself;
b. not to copy, modify, or create derivative works involving the Content, except you may print a reasonable number of copies for your personal use;
c. not to misrepresent your identity or provide us with any false information in any information-collection portion of this Web site such as a registration or enrollment application page;
d. not to take any action intended to interfere with the operation of this Web site;
e. not to access or attempt to access any portion of this Web site to which you have not been explicitly granted access;
f. not to share any password assigned to you with any third parties or use any password granted to a third party;
g. not to directly or indirectly authorize anyone else to take actions prohibited in this section; h) to comply with all applicable laws and regulations while using this Web site or the Content.
You understand and agree that you are responsible for any actions taken through the use of the password assigned to you if you have provided access to your password to others. You agree to notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized disclosure or use of your password.
Changes to Web site Content
We may change, add, or remove some or all of the Content on this Web site at any time. In addition, please note that although our goal is to provide accurate information, our on-line drug list, pricing information, or other Content may not be accurate or up to date. In addition, please note that features of the Medicare prescription drug plan described in this Web site may change over time as permitted by law, including benefit levels, items included in the drug list, pricing, and participating pharmacies or other associated vendors.
ALL CONTENT ON THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. UNITEDHEALTHCARE, ALL THIRD PARTIES, IF ANY, PROVIDING CONTENT FOR THIS WEB SITE, AND ALL THIRD PARTIES PROVIDING SUPPORT OR INFORMATION FOR THIS WEB SITE (COLLECTIVELY, “WEB SITE-RELATED-PARTIES”) HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
THE WEB SITE-RELATED-PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY, OR RELIABILITY OF ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEB SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE WEB SITE-RELATED-PARTIES SPECIFICALLY DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT ANY INFORMATION REGARDING DRUG PRICING, AVAILABILITY, DOSAGE, COVERAGE AND INCLUSION ON THE DRUG LIST, AND GENERIC ALTERNATIVES, IS ACCURATE OR COMPLETE.
THE WEB SITE-RELATED-PARTIES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT USE OF THIS WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING ALL PRECAUTIONS NECESSARY TO ENSURE THAT ANY CONTENT YOU MAY OBTAIN FROM THIS WEB SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES AND ANY OTHER POTENTIALLY DESTRUCTIVE COMPUTER CODE.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO ONE OR MORE OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU AGREE THAT NONE OF THE WEB SITE-RELATED-PARTIES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEB SITE OR THE CONTENT. THIS PROTECTION COVERS CLAIMS BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, AND ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. THIS PROTECTION COVERS THE WEB SITE-RELATED-PARTIES, INCLUDING ALL AFFILIATES, THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS. THIS PROTECTION COVERS ALL LOSSES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES, PERSONAL INJURY/WRONGFUL DEATH, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION.
THE TOTAL, CUMULATIVE, LIABILITY OF THE WEB SITE-RELATED-PARTIES, THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, IF ANY, FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT OF YOUR ACTUAL DAMAGES, NOT TO EXCEED U.S. $100.00. THE LIMIT OF LIABILITY MAY NOT BE EFFECTIVE IN SOME STATES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE WEB SITE-RELATED-PARTIES, THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES OTHER THAN THE AMOUNT DESCRIBED ABOVE. ALL OTHER DAMAGES, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE, RESULTING FROM ANY USE OF THE WEB SITE OR MATERIALS ARE EXCLUDED EVEN IF THE WEB SITE-RELATED-PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU AGREE THAT YOU USE THIS SITE AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THIS WEB SITE OR THE CONTENT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE WEB SITE.
Governing Law and Statute of Limitations
The laws of the State of Minnesota govern these Terms and any cause of action arising under or relating to your use of the Web site, without reference to its choice-of-law principles. You agree that the only proper jurisdiction and venue for any dispute with UnitedHealthcare, or in any way relating to your use of this Web site, is in the state and federal courts in the State of Minnesota, U.S.A. You further agree and consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in these courts in connection with any dispute involving UnitedHealthcare or its employees, officers, directors, agents, and providers. If any provision of these Terms is determined to be invalid under any applicable statute or rule of law, such provision is to that extent to be deemed omitted, and the balance of the Agreement shall remain enforceable.
Before seeking legal recourse for any harm you believe you have suffered arising from or related to your use of this Web site, you agree to inform us in writing and to give us thirty (30) days to cure the harm before initiating any action. You must initiate any cause of action within one (1) year after the claim has arisen, or you will be barred from pursuing any cause of action.
Your obligations under the following sections survive termination of this agreement: Important Note Regarding Web site Content; This is A Legal Agreement; content ownership portions of License to Use this Web site and Content Ownership; Restrictions on Use of this Web site; Changes to Web site Content; NO WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; Governing Law and Statute of Limitations; Additional Terms. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or any other term or condition. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold the Web site-Related-Parties and their subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents, harmless from any claim, demand, or damage, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or related to your breach of this agreement or your use or misuse of the Content or Web site. You may not transfer or assign any rights or obligations under this Agreement. UnitedHealthcare may transfer or assign its rights and obligations under this Agreement.
Disclaimers for all products
SecureHorizons® Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans
SecureHorizons® Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans: The SecureHorizons® Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans are not connected to or endorsed by the U.S. Government or the federal Medicare program. SecureHorizons® Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans are underwritten by UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company. In some states, plans may be available to persons eligible for Medicare by reason of disability. This is a solicitation of insurance. An agent may contact you. Call to receive complete information including benefits, costs, eligibility requirements, exclusions, and limitations.
You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium if not otherwise paid for under Medicaid or by another third-party. If you are enrolled in a Medicare Advantage (MA) coordinated care (HMO or PPO) plan or an MA PFFS plan that includes Medicare prescription drugs, and then you enroll in a PDP, you will be automatically disenrolled from the HMO, PPO or MA PFFS plan. If you are in a Private Fee-For-Service plan (PFFS) that does not provide Medicare prescription drug coverage, or an MA Medical Savings Account (MSA) plan, or in an 1876 Cost plan, you may enroll in a PDP.
You may be able to get extra help to pay for your prescription drug premiums and costs. To see if you qualify for getting extra help, call: 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY/TDD users should call 1-877-486-2048, 24 hours a day/7 days a week, or the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. TTY/TDD users should call 1-800-325-0778, or your state Medicaid office. Medicare beneficiaries may enroll in UnitedHealth Rx plan through the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Online Enrollment Center, located at www.medicare.gov. For more information contact the UnitedHealth Rx™ at 1-866-498-9693, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. TTY/TDD users should call 1-877-730-4203
SecureHorizons® Medicare Advantage Plans, Evercare® Medicare Advantage Plans, and AmeriChoice® Medicare Advantage Plans
SecureHorizons® Medicare Advantage Plans, Evercare® Medicare Advantage Plans, and AmeriChoice® Medicare Advantage Plans: These plans are offered by affiliates of UnitedHealthcare, Medicare Advantage Organizations with a Medicare contract.
A Medicare Advantage Private-Fee-For-Service plan works differently than a Medicare supplement plan. Your doctor or hospital is not required to agree to accept the plan’s terms and conditions, and thus may choose not to treat you, with the exception of emergencies. If your doctor or hospital does not agree to accept the plans payment terms and conditions, it may choose not to provide health care services to you, except in emergencies. Providers can find the plan’s terms and conditions on our Web site at: www.securehorizons.com.
AmeriChoice® operates and manages state-licensed health maintenance organizations, which are contracted by the federal government to offer Medicare Advantage benefits for the dually eligible Medicare and Medicaid special needs population. AmeriChoice® operates Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plans in select counties within the following states: Arizona, New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Tennessee. You must reside in the AmeriChoice® Plan’s federally approved service area to obtain health care coverage. As part of obtaining such coverage, you will still be required to pay your Medicare Part B premium if not otherwise paid for under Medicaid. AmeriChoice® contracts with the federal government are renewed annually. Availability of coverage beyond the end of the current contract year is not guaranteed.
AARP® MedicareRx Plans, AARP® Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans, and AARP® MedicareComplete® Plans/AARP® MedicareComplete® Rx Plans
AARP® MedicareRx Plans: These Medicare Prescription Drug Plans (PDPs) are insured by UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company or UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company of New York for New York residents (together called "UnitedHealthcare"). AARP® MedicareRx Plans carry the AARP name, and UnitedHealthcare pays a fee to AARP for use of the AARP trademark. Amounts paid are used for general purposes of AARP and its members. AARP is not the insurer. You do not need to be an AARP member to enroll. UnitedHealthcare contracts with the Federal government as a PDP sponsor. All decisions about prescription drugs are between you and your physician or other health care provider.
AARP does not recommend health related products, services, insurance or programs. You are strongly encouraged to evaluate your needs.
AARP and its affiliate are not insurance agencies or carriers and do not employ or endorse insurance agents, brokers, representatives or advisors.
AARP® Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans. AARP Health is a collection of health-related products, services and insurance programs available through AARP. Neither AARP nor its affiliate is the insurer. AARP contracts with insurers to make coverage available to AARP members. AARP Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans are insured by UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company, Horsham, PA (UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company of New York, Islandia, NY, for New York residents). Not connected with or endorsed by the U.S. government or the federal Medicare program. Policy Form No. GRP 79171 GPS-1 (G-36000-4). In some states, plans may be available to persons eligible for Medicare by reason of disability.
AARP® MedicareComplete® Plans: These Plans are SecureHorizons® Medicare Advantage Plans insured or covered by an affiliate of UnitedHealthcare, and MA organization with a Medicare contract. AARP is not an insurer. UnitedHealthcare pays a fee to AARP and its affiliate for use of the AARP trademark and other services. Amounts paid are used for the general purposes of AARP and its members. The AARP® MedicareComplete® Plans are available to all eligible Medicare beneficiaries, including both members and nonmembers of AARP. AARP and the AARP Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of AARP. The SecureHorizons and MedicareComplete marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of United Healthcare Alliance, LLC and its affiliates.
AARP does not make health plan recommendations for individuals. You are strongly encouraged to evaluate your needs before choosing a health plan. AARP and its affiliate are not insurance agencies or carriers and do not employ or endorse individual agents.
Generally: The AARP® MedicareRx Plans, AARP® Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan, and AARP® MedicareComplete® and AARP® MedicareComplete® Rx Plans carry the AARP name. If you do not wish to receive communications about a specific UnitedHealthcare business such as that described above, please let us know by calling our Customer Care Associates at 1-877-736-8501 (TTY: 1-866-832-8671), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You must have both Medicare Part A and B, and must reside in the service area of the plan. You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium if not otherwise paid for under Medicaid or by another third party. Your ability to enroll may be limited to certain times of the year. For more information contact Customer Service at 1-800-850-8197, 7 days a week, between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. local time. TTY/TDD users can call 1-800-850-8197. [HMO members must use network providers to receive plan benefits except under emergency or urgent care situations or for out-of-area renal dialysis.] [For PPO and HMO-POS members, with the exception of emergency or urgent care or out-of-area renal dialysis, it may cost more to get care from out of network providers.] [For PPO members, reimbursement is provided for all covered benefits regardless of whether they are received in network.] You may be able to get extra help to pay for your prescription drug premiums and costs. To see if you qualify for getting extra help, call: 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY/TDD users should call 1-877-486-2048, 24 hours a day/7 days a week; the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. TTY/TDD users should call 1-800-325-0778; or your state Medicaid Office.
The plan’s prescription drug benefit is only available to members of the Medicare Advantage with Prescription Drug (MA-PD) plan. If you are already enrolled in an MA-PD plan you must receive your Medicare Prescription Drug benefit through that plan. AARP and the AARP Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of AARP. The SecureHorizons and MedicareComplete marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of United Healthcare Alliance, LLC and its affiliates. The AARP® MedicareComplete® benefit packages, plan premiums, co-payments/ coinsurance may vary by county, and service areas are all subject to change annually at the Medicare Advantage contract renewal time with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (January 1). Availability of coverage beyond the end of the current year is not guaranteed.